Friday, October 08, 2004

Friday October 8, 2004

Alright, my week has now come to a close and I’m actually pretty happy about it. It’s not that anything went really wrong (though there were some... interesting spots to it); I am just really looking forward to this "FAN" weekend and the episodes of next week.

As far as this weekend is concerned, everyone I’ve spoken to at this point has said that I need to get as much sleep WHENEVER I can and get ready to be blinded with flashes i.e. perhaps a good idea to get some dark glasses.

Alright, the low point of my week was that I was late on Wednesday morning to rehearsal. Granted, nothing really came of it (this time) because they (director of the episode and the other actors) were running behind so my segments hadn ’t started, but the point that the producers were stressing was that tardiness will not be accepted... note taken.

It’s funny that this happened though because usually I’m in the building an hour before my call time just to check e-mails, use the gym in studio, or just annoy the writers and casting people, LOL.

As far as taping went this week, Lizzie (Crystal Hunt) and I had some great scenes together. Things are starting to get really charged between the two of us, bantering back and forth, picking on each other, and sometimes giving advice to one another (rarely).

My favorite scene so far is set to air in the next few days involving the Spaulding’s home and a bulldozer that I actually got to operate. I loved filming it and I’m sure that most people will enjoy watching it especially if you’re pulling for the Coopers.

Alright, it’s time to get back to work now i.e. going through my scripts and getting ready for work as well as figuring out what I’m doing tonight at the start of the Fan Club weekend. My next entry I’m sure will hopefully be about how I survived this pandemonium and probably highlight my sparse apartment and what I’m going to do about fixing THAT situation... my work is never done!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi John!

Every "true" blogger needs a comment under the post, so I thought I'd be the first! This is a great idea!

I'm looking forward to the scenes you taped with the bulldozer. Makes my desk job seem kind of boring!

It was very nice to talk to you on the phone on Saturday. I'm the ditz who thought you were Ricky at first... Cell phones were not made to be used in a mall in TX and going long distance. She was breaking up so bad I didn't know who I was going to! It was very nice talking to you... come visit us in TX and go to Marco next year!

If you get a novel of an email through Soapcity by a Heather, that's me as well! Have a wonderful week!

October 12, 2004 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

John

Hey! you saw me at the 3 main events this past weekend. You took a picture by my dad when you were out on the deck of the boat. Hope you had a great time. I saw the scenes with Lizzie today and they were great! I'll bet you did have fun operating the bulldozer LOL. The Coopers have always been my favorite family.

Take Care

October 13, 2004 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

John,

I also met you on the boat and spoke with you at the Gathering this past weekend. I'm the NC State fan - who needed a black armband after UNC won the game Saturday.

It was great meeting you! You are a class act and an outstanding addition to the GL cast. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Coop on our screens.

October 13, 2004 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

John,

"Hello" from a longtime fan of GL -- I started watching the show back in the 1950s with my grandmother on her monster of an old black-and-white TV set!

The work that you've been doing on GL thus far has been terrific! You have not only "held your own" in scenes with the veteran performers, you have EXCELLED! Congratulations! (and, BTW, I am also an actor, director, producer, writer, etc. so I can sometimes be very "picky" and "critical" ... in good ways, of course! :-)

Years ago, I actually did some work on GL -- just some day player stuff. Most of my work these days is as a spiritual counselor, psychic and medium -- think "John Edward with a southern accent!" LOL

Thanks for taking the time to honor your fans with these blogs and best of luck on a long and very successful career.

Chip Coffey
Atlanta, GA
chipcoffey@aol.com

November 12, 2004 at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home