Friday, October 29, 2004

October 29, 2004

First off, let me just say "thank you" to everyone who has taken the time to respond to my Blogs. Although I haven’t gotten back to you individually, I am trying. This is all ew to me, so you have to bear with me for a bit to get into a routine. Just to let you all know, I am feeling better so again thank you for the well wishes, THEY REALLY WORKED, LOL!!!

This week was slow for me, I only had to work Thursday so it (the time off) gave me a chance to not only get healthy again, but also let me brainstorm some great ideas for my apartment. It’s weird coming down from working every day last week to just the one day this week. It (soap work) really is like a rollercoaster. Anyway, I received so many suggestions about decorating (color schemes, throw rugs, plants to add life, etc.) that my head is now on overload just to process it all. I feel like a walking "Bed, Bath and Beyond". I will say that I need to get the rest of my things from home (Virginia) especially my young Frank Sinatra Mug Shot poster; yeah I’m kind of an old soul.

I did happen to get to see a great short promotional concert this week which was a highlight. "Simple Plan," an alternative pop band, is releasing a new album and the casts of GL and ATWT were invited to attend the show. A few of us went and it was crazy! I met up with Stephen Martines (Tony, GL), Agim Kaba (Aaron, ATWT), and AJ Lamas (Rafi, ATWT) which was great because they’re great guys and we just had an amazing time. I would have to say that I will most likely be getting their CD. I have an eclectic taste in music and I was pretty impressed with their set. If anyone wants to help feed my taste in music and recommend some other great artists please feel free (and I do mean any artist) and I’ll let ya’ll know what I think.

As far as the show is going, I am gearing up to have some tasty, heated scenes with Lizzie. It’s so funny reading everyone’s comments about her and their dislike of her character and then turn around and hang out with Crystal. She really is a sweet person in reality, LOL, I know you’d never guess it though! I really think that her dog "Roxy" is going to be my leading lady, costuming is already telling me that they’re trying to piece a matching outfit together for us…..um, I don’t like that idea. We’ll see soon enough though.

Let me just reiterate my thanks to everyone for the responses on the blog site and add that if there are any specific questions, please feel free to ask. OH, and by the way I’m feeling the SOCK MONKEY idea, thanks JK and CK! Until the next entry, please keep watching everybody!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

John,

Hey there ... Glad you are feeling better! I can honestly say I can't wait to see your scenes with Crystal Hunt. I really think in someway that Coop and Lizzie could balance each other out. I must say that "Roxy" is a cute dog but John after meeting you I don't think I could see you in costuming to that extent. LOL

Take Care,

Shanna

October 29, 2004 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

John,

Glad you're feeling better! This would have been the weekend to go home to Virginia - it was 75 here in NC and I know it was similar in VA. An absolutely gorgeous Halloween Weekend - and one where anything can happen since UNC beat Miami today.

As for Lizzie/Crystal - often the most villianous characters are played by some of the kindest people - at least that's been my experience when I've met different actors in person. I saw on Tammy's Blog where they played quite the trick on you in Florida - knowing the history of pranks among the GL cast, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding someone to help you play a prank in return.

October 30, 2004 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger jess said...

I'm glad you liked the Sock Monkey idea. I'm thinking of going into business...making/selling. The only downfall is that I haven't actually ever made one. It can't be too hard though!

Any plans for Halloween? I have to work... sucks, but at least I can dress up!

Have a nice week.

October 31, 2004 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger jess said...

Pranks?? I didn't know they're playing pranks on you! That's great. They better watch out though, 'cause you have an army of pranksters behind you (and lots of experience!). Good luck john!

jess

** Don't forget to vote! **

October 31, 2004 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

Ok so I know this is an old post but I was bored and started reading all the posts. Simple Plan is amazing, and i'm not just saying that because they're from my home town, if you like them you've got to listen to Something Coorperate. Besides that, if you haven't already heard of Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Switchfoot, Deathcab for Cutie and my fav, John Mayer you should totally give them a listen!
enjoy

June 13, 2005 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Eli said...

I thought of more artists David Grey, Jem, Ray Lamontagne, Jack Johnson, Guster, Jason Mraz, Keane, Belle and Sebastian and Turin Brakes you have to give them a listen! That's all I can think of right now :P
also it's "Something Corporate" not whatever I wrote before :S
Enjoy!

June 13, 2005 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home