Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day!

IT’S ELECTION DAY 2004 and I hope that everyone is getting out there to do their civic duty and vote! From what I’ve seen and heard on the news, this has to be one of the closest Presidential races in a very long time………not sure HOW long but a while, LOL! I myself am getting ready to head out the door to vote so I must make this a short Blog (sorry ya’ll).

This weekend was just what the Dr. ordered, I’d say. Halloween was pretty crazy up here in the city. As if there aren’t enough freaks (pardon the expression) on a normal daily basis, add the Halloween festivities and then multiply those freaks by like x1000! I personally only went out on Saturday night, but that was all I needed. Scott Bailey (Sandy), Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan), Stephen Martines (Tony) and myself went over to a Halloween bash that was being thrown by Cameron Mathison (Ryan) of “All My Children” at a club down on the Lower West Side. Just to set the stage, let me tell you about the ……um…..interesting costume that both Scott and Tom picked out for us: Baby Blue 70’s disco suits. We all matched. We looked like wedding singers individually, but combined, we were a cheesy band look-a-like! Since I didn’t know about the party, I had no say in what we wore that evening. Anyway, after the CBS/ABC, industry party, a few of us went across the street to another dance club called “Crobar” (a place I had never been to before) where we received some VIP treatment, always a nice thing, and stayed and danced until six in the morning. Now this wasn’t exactly a place that I would go to on a regular basis, but I just needed to let loose a bit and dance to some fast, energetic beats. As for Sunday, I stayed in, got some busy-work done and listened to all the trick-or-treaters outside my building.

To end this blog, I just wanted to say that I’m glad that everyone who has responded to these journal entries has been so interactive with me and given some really good advice when needed. This new lifestyle and profession that I’ve gotten into can be trying at times, so I appreciate ya’ll listening to my ramblings and vents!

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi John!

I'm so glad that we have early voting in TX... especially because its SNOWING today! Crazy weather here!

Halloween sounds like it was a lot of fun. We had a fall festival at our church. Little kids are so cute! My favorite was a skunk!

What's your favorite candy, John?

November 2, 2004 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey John! Sorry I am just getting around to responding to you. I've been enjoying reading what you and Stephanie have to say. LOVED the practical joke they played on you in FL.

How did I miss that you were from VA? All kinds of wonderful things come from VA ;)

As to your decorating woes, I don't have much advice. You will have your own taste of course. I have now been in my apartment for one year and have yet to finish decorating to my liking. However, with regards to FURNISHING my apartment, I did that quickly because I had certain things in mind that I really wanted. My suggestion is to spend the $$ to buy what you really want off the bat. It is expensive at first, but saves you money in the long run because eventually you will go buy what you want anyway, so why waste money on anything less?

When asked about music, I always recommend Caedmon's Call. They are my favorite group, and they are different. Their music has a little bit of a coffee house feel and it helps to be well versed in literature, mythology, etc to understand the songwriting. If you choose to listen to them, go for the old stuff first. The primary writer (Derek Webb) left the group about two years ago to do a solo album, which consequently, rocks!

OK this comment is now officially way too long. Happy Election Day! (At least I *hope* its a happy election day....)

November 2, 2004 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Beta fish! That's a great idea... i once knew a beta fish named Jim. He (like Jeffery) lived for a long time for a Beta. Alas, Jim went on. Now we have Jim 2. Or Jim Jr. Or JJ. True story.

November 2, 2004 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Hey John... Glad you had a fun halloween! I'm feeling really left out here... i want to hang out in the city at fun clubs/bars. BTW... my bro's bday is friday. we'll be there saturday. expect a call... this is considered a "Save the Date." Late.

November 2, 2004 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I just realized everyone was putting email addresses into these comments. So I'll leave mine too, along with an invite to my website for anyone and everyone:

Amanda@michaelparkfans.com
www.michaelparkfans.com

Within the next few weeks I am planning to add a GL forum on the message board too. I have been a fan of both shows for years so both deserve talking about...

November 4, 2004 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Amanda - I love Caedmon's Call... they are really good. Derek Webb is great!

Sadly, I can't afford CD's much anymore b/c I have a house and car payment now... but if you have any recommendations, let me know!

And here's my email... he_johnso@hotmail.com

November 5, 2004 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Alright Heather! Another Caedmon's Call fan....that's great! I'll definitely email you, but I figured I'd post this little story about meeting Caedmon's Call (minus Derek, sadly...he was on his solo tour). Anyway, they came to LU as an opening act for...ummm...Jars of Clay I think. Anyway, at the end of the night (thanks to some advice from CC's opener, GlassByrd) my two friends and I slipped down the back stairs. We stopped at the bottom, scared to trespass onto the floor (which would be backstage). My friends decided I should negotiate to get us backstage because I would be cool and collected about it. Anyway, when Cliff walked around the corner I screamed his name like some kind of involuntary knee-jerk reaction....so much for cool and collected. He walked over (and I calmed down) and I asked him if my friends and I could meet the whole band. He said they were going back on to close the show with Jars but if we would wait right there he'd come back for us. THEN security showed up (who knows where they were before) and said we couldn't stand there. I said, "Cliff told me to stand here and stand here I am until he comes back!" The guard didn't argue and Cliff did indeed come back for us...we went backstage, met everyone and got pictures and autographs. It was a great night!

November 11, 2004 at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home