Monday, November 22, 2004

November 22, 2004

Finally, I have the opportunity to write another "Blog" entry. As promised though, this one is going to be a bit different. But first, I have to talk about my weekend back in Virginia. By far, it was the fastest weekend I’ve ever had.

I’m not sure why this always seems to happen and I’ve talked to so many people who agree with me; parents always seem to get nicer things when ALL the children move out of the house. In this case, it's a brand new house! Yeah and it’s HUGE! I couldn’t believe that they’ve been holding out all these years on getting a bigger house. They always used to complain about "oh, we can’t afford that", yeah right! I’ve never really moved before, so this was a big deal to me. I mean I moved from DC to CONN to NY, but that was just me, not our entire family/house. As soon as I got home on Friday night, I walked in, saw the new hardwood floors and had to pull a "risky business". Oh yeah, I slid across an entire room in my socks and LOVED IT! I was like a little kid on Christmas, until I realized rather quickly (mom yelling at me) that there was lots of work to be done. This also happened to be the same weekend that my little nephew was to be baptized, Sunday Afternoon, and we were going to have a house full of company arriving on Saturday night. So pretty much all of Saturday was spent opening boxes, figuring out what was in them and where it all went, getting ready for more furniture and necessities to arrive, and setting up bedrooms for our guests that I had to go pick up. It ended up being a complete blur.

Sunday was more of the same, setting up and getting ready for the baptism (I was the Godfather). After the baptism, all the friends and family went to the golf course "club house " for the reception. Everything was set up beautifully, but I was pretty nervous because I was singing a duet of "The Prayer" (Celine Dion and Andrea Boccelli). Unfortunately, I had to leave right after to make it to the airport in time to fly back and work this morning (Monday). The crazy thing is that I’m actually flying home again tonight to spend Thanksgiving with the family and just relax for the week……phew! At this point, my energy is coming from the coffee and doughnuts. LOL, whatever works I guess!

So now that ya’ll know about my weekend, let’s get to some fun stuff! I was thinking that most people only either know me from the interviews they read in the soap magazines, or if they went to the "GL" fan club weekend or just what they see from the show……not reality! I thought it would be fun to do a mock "Seventeen Magazine" get to know you type of deal. If ya’ll think this would be fun and you enjoy it, GREAT! If you don’t…..well tough, it’s "John’s Journal", LOL! Alright let’s begin…….. next time ;)!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi John!

Sounds like you are having a really busy week with moving, family, baptisms and now Thanksgiving coming up!

I totally get what you mean with parents spending money when the kids are out. I'm an only child but when I moved out, the house they live in now has a pool! Where was that my whole childhood? Luckily, they haven't kept the pool off limits!

I think the "get to know you" thing would be great! :) Btw, will you ever get to sing on the show? I'd love to hear you sing!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Heather

November 22, 2004 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Alright...so you sing, too? Sheeeeeeeesh. Virginia boy, likes to camp, sings (The Prayer, no less!)...I guess you just keep getting better and better.

I guess parents behave the same way across the board. When I moved out, my brother moved into my room (with a brand new bedroom suit). Then my parents got a brand new bedroom suit for their room, and new decor for their old stuff (which was moved to my brother's old room). I think the bathrooms are next. They also tore down the tree house my Dad built for me when I was a kid. I mean, I REALIZE I hadn't played on it in 10 years, but I still liked the fact that it was THERE! Oh well...bitterness gets me nowhere.

I'm all for the "get to know you" stuff. Bring it on...

November 22, 2004 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

LOL Lynn... sounds like a good idea for a mom to seek revenge on her kids. :)

And from the daughter's perspective, John is definitely a good catch. :)

John, what about your favorite foods? candy? tv shows?

Heather
he_johnso@hotmail.com

November 23, 2004 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Hey John! Happy Thanksgiving... (a day late, no less). Learned from you and the fam? Possibly. I can't believe it's a new house. It's hard for everyone, i suppose. Can't wait for the survey... hehehe.

Talk to you soon.

love jess

November 26, 2004 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger jess said...

Met the Godson. The cutest ever! Love the red hair... sis and bro-in-law look good too. You gonna be around the 10th? Call my 'rents... they'll fill you in.

Peace out Janvier

December 1, 2004 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home