Thursday, August 18, 2005

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

To begin this LONG OVERDUE entry, I believe that there is only one true way to explain the feeling of this void that is not one of my own excuses and that is from one my loyal readers:

Okay so when are we going to read the next part of your journey in June..Especially since it’s now August, John! I know you are busy but it only takes 10 minutes…okay maybe more to write an entry but you have had umm an whole month but its okay I forgive you for not writing and the reason is because like my friends and I said...you're cute so you can slide but keep up the good work on GL (especially the shirtless scenes...those are priceless) and keep reaching for the stars.

Now the writer of this specific entry will remain unknown to ya’ll but I know exactly who you are Ms. "you ate my milk duds at the charity softball game before you could give them to me"…..LOL, I would’ve done the same thing too!

I am going to try something new from now on with these blogs and that is to make them a bit shorter because, in all honesty, the reason I take forever in posting follow-ups is because they take quite a bit of time to put together with all the details I include, so by the end I am really not so eager to compose another one quickly after. That is a pathetic reason, I’m sure, and some of you may think this is a cop-out but it really is tougher than you think to put one of these together, honest! Anyways, "John’s Journal in June" is no longer a valid title to use so I’m officially switching it to "June’s Answers in August"…if you have a title that is a bit edgier, then I would love some suggestions that might be more fun (your homework from me).

Before I get into my past adventures, I want to take a moment to update ya’ll on some current events that are and will be taking place very shortly. The 2005 Guiding Light Fan Club weekend will be taking place in October and tickets are now being sold for each event that takes place over that specific weekend. For more information on the events that are planned, go to
www.cbs.com and click on "Daytime" and go to Guiding Light’s site which will have everything listed for your viewing pleasure, promise!

I will say that after last year’s weekend (which I barely survived and you can read about in my early on blogs) I guarantee you that you will enjoy yourselves if you’ve never gone before and the proceeds of all ticket sales and auctioned off items go to a charity of the artists' choosing. What could be better than that? You get to see your favorite stars and the money or donations you give go to helping those who are less fortunate, so really everyone wins. You meet us (sometimes for the umpteenth time, LOL), we meet you and we all have an incredible weekend filled with pictures and even embarrassing moments if we’re lucky!

The other event that is coming up rather quickly is "Super Soap Saturday" taking place down at Paramount’s Kings Dominion Theme Park outside of Richmond, Virginia. Now I am REALLY excited about this in particular because this is right next to my hometown. I grew up going to this Theme Park and I have to say that it is HUGE and an absolutely crazy time! There is a water park along with loads of water rides throughout it that are a definite to get you soaked. They have some of the fastest rollercoasters including the "Shockwave" which is a standup looping rollercoaster, along with a new one called "Drop Zone" that is supposedly the world’s highest free fall ride. For the families that are interested in coming to this event, the park has a fabulous kid zone too. For this event refer back to the "CBS" website too and it will have everything you need to get there. The other bits of current information I wanted to pass along deal with autographed pictures and responses to fan mail. Some of you may have used a service called "Soap City" to relay comments to us here at Guiding Light but that has changed. The higher ups have discontinued using that website and are now just focused on receiving fan e-mails through the GL Fan Club (http://www.officialglfanclub.com/). I have recently just started working with someone who will not only get all of your comments and e-mails to me, but will work alongside me in getting photos and response e-mails back to ya’ll in a more timely fashion….or rather just get me started in responding.

Alright, in my defense I have to say that I have been reading all of your e-mails since the beginning, but I just wasn’t aware of how to respond to them. When sending e-mails, if you want an autographed photo, I must emphasize that you include your mailing address and be sure to give me roughly about a month to respond and get the picture you. Let me remind you that I JUST STARTED this (8/17), so it will take a bit to get this up and running but once going, it’s GONNA BE HOTTTTT!!!!!

The last bit of information I want to throw your way is that I caught wind that someone has started a "John Driscoll Fan Forum"??!! I am very flattered and appreciate this really, but I don’t have any real information to pass on to everyone so I am asking that if you know, have seen, are a member of, or at least have a web address for this site to pass it onto me and I’ll post what I can so that those who want to be a part of it can be! Maybe finding this site is as easy as just "google-ing" it?

So, continuing on to the crazy adventures that were had down in Gatlinburg, Tennessee along with my excursions and "not so bad and actually really easy move" from Brooklyn where I had five roommates to my new apartment on the Upper East Side of the island...

"I'm looking forward to reading about your trip to Gatlinburg. I've never been there, but my best friend and her husband went there on their honeymoon back in 2002 and they loved it. Another place that would make a great vacation is Branson, Missouri. I was there in April of 2001, my senior year in high school, for the Missouri State Beta Club Convention and I loved it." – Susan

"I'm also looking forward to hearing about the move. As excited as I am about moving to NYC next year (if all things go according to plan-which they never do), I'm rather nervous about it too. I don't know anyone up there! haha." – Erin

……I know how ya’ll hate cliffhangers but this will all wait until my next "sooner" blog post (I think ya’ll will be surprised too, LOL). Until then, please keep the comments coming in and I’m glad that the Coop/Lizzie story line is such a big hit! I think I heard that like 74% of the viewers’ love where this story line is going. That’s amazing that we have so many supporters out there of us together…I guess Crystal (Hunt) and I have pretty good chemistry huh? On a final note here, I have noticed that several people have mentioned that they would love to know how I personally broke into this business and that perhaps I might be able to give them a few tips. I would love to but that too will have to be a future Blog. All the best ya’ll and I hope to see you real soon at one of the events!

4 Comments:

Blogger NaVell said...

I just heard about that, harley's mom. I am glad everyone is all right!

August 18, 2005 at 9:59 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

John! Great to hear from you as always. And yes, "better late than never" pertains. I'll take these tidbits as I can get them. I've been crazy busy myself, so I can empathize with that and will forgive you.

Ah, and King's Dominion! I'll be there. Andrea too (if you recall she was with me in Woodbridge when you and Gavin were there). I'm so happy that there is an event in Virginia! Hot dog!

Catch you later!

Amanda

August 19, 2005 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

John, I just read about the HAZMAT scare at GL today. Hope you are all doing okay! Scary!

Also, my best friend Kelly and I will be at Kings Dominion! I live in Richmond, and I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that you guys were coming here! Do you know if there will be a chance to talk to you, or is it the stand in line and get an autograph kinda thing? Either way, I'm excited. Will you guys get a chance to ride rides?

Anyway, see you then, and glad you're all okay after the quarantine today!!

August 19, 2005 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Meegs said...

Hey John! A GL fan friend of mine sent me a link to your blog. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! I just moved to Chicago to study improv/comedy, but just before I left I ran into Anne Stueker at an audition in D.C. and we were reminiscing about how we knew you way back when. I have no doubt that you're keeping it real. You were always one of the good ones!

Have fun at Kings Dominion. I miss NoVA too!!

Your favorite A.D.
MEgan Kelleher

August 19, 2005 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home