Friday, January 07, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Out with the old and in with the new for 2005. I hope that everyone had a safe, fun and festive holiday season. I know that I certainly did (of course I’ll be sharing a bit of it with ya’ll), but there are some really exciting things that are coming up quickly that I also want to talk about. Are you interested in what’s coming up on the show? GREAT, we’ll get to some of that as well. Oh, and for those of you that have been with my “Blog” site from the start, apparently the “favorites/getting to know you” segment that I wrote didn’t go unnoticed by the Soap Magazines. Lets get started!

Every year we always tell ourselves “alright don’t go overboard on the holiday shopping this year”…yeah, well that didn’t go so well AGAIN for me. It seems that even though I made a list of things that I wanted to get for family and friends, I always seemed to find something else that I thought they might like or need. Whether it was electronics for the guys on my list, toys for my niece and nephew, or clothes, fragrances and jewelry for the females, after a while it all just seemed to mesh together. After realizing that I was hauling something like fifteen bags around, I thought, “this has to be enough”. Then the fun part really begins….wrapping everything. This area is usually a hit or miss with me and I say that because it really is true. The presents either look like they should be sitting in a Macy’s window OR something a third grader wrapped with four hundred pieces of tape basically laminating the whole damn thing! Needless to say I managed to get everything wrapped on time for Christmas morning. I have to say that my little nephew on Christmas morning had no clue what to think when he saw all these great big shiny boxes. He helped everyone unwrap their gifts and ended up wearing all the bows on his head and shirt and looked like a giant bow with two little eyes by the end of the day, it was pretty cute. As far as gifts for myself, it was pretty much to the point. I received some great workout equipment that I can take back up to New York, a few historical documentary (WWII) dvd’s, some clothes and lastly, some home essentials for my apartment. Yes, that is still a work in progress and will continue to be so for a while longer.

New Years was kind of an up in the air event this year for me. I was sick again between Christmas and New Year’s, so I ended up staying in Virginia for all two weeks and just relaxed. New Year’s Eve, I spent with my sister and brother-in-law and a few bottles of wine and a bottle of champagne at midnight…yum. My brother-in-law is a gourmet chef so needless to say; we had a great meal that night and I was in bed shortly after the ball drop. When I saw how many people were in Time Square, I was pretty happy with the choice I made. I just wasn’t in the mood to get shoved all around and fight for space that night. Yes, I was a bit lame, fine I’ll give ya’ll that one but it was still a great way to start 2005 off.

Moving on to the show now, how many of ya’ll like our holiday episodes? They were so much fun to shoot especially with Frank Dicopolous (Frank). He is such a character in person as opposed to Frank “the police chief” on the show. That whole kazoo bit on the New Years episode had to be shot like three or four times because we never were doing the same song or Frank would say/do something that would make Beth (Ehlers; Harley) laugh and then the chain “laughaction” (worse than just a chain reaction) would happen. I had a few problems concerning my trench coat and the bottle of champagne in my pocket….yeah, I know! When I went to take it out the first time, I think I said something like “look what I’ve got here; Surprise!” and was fumbling inside my coat at waist level to pull the bottle out. Well, on the monitors in the control booth it looked like a different story and that dialogue didn’t help. That got a few laughs on set too. Anyways, on to the present tense and the issue of Coop and Lizzie and their growing romance or game with one another. Our announcement of going on a date has just recently aired but I’m sure how our date goes will be a bit of a shocker. I’ve been reading all the comments from not just the Blog site (thank you for all of them), but on the CBS/Guiding Light/Letter Rip column. People seem to be pretty torn evenly about seeing and not seeing this coupling happen. All I can say is keep the comments coming because they really are taken into consideration when plotting each character’s story. I still believe my main function on the show is to be tormented by that little dog of hers, LOL!

As far as some upcoming events or articles to watch out for, I have some information to give you. For all of you avid watchers of our show who more specifically live in the Baltimore, Washington D.C., Virginia area, both Gavin Houston (Remy Boudreau) and myself, will be appearing at the Dulles Expo Center this Sunday (January 9th) from 1pm to 3 pm to help raise money in support of the “Florida Hurricane Relief Fund”. We will not only be signing autographs but the brand new “Hottest Hunks of Daytime 2005” calendar will be on hand too. I would love to see as many of you all out there to say hello to and take some fun crazy pictures with, it’s the nerd in me coming out! The exact address of the location so that you all can google it is: 4368 Chantilly Center, Chantilly, Va. 20153 and we will be located in the “North Building” of the Expo Center.

Let me just say that ANYONE CAN COME to this event but I just figured that it would be more convenient for those individuals that live in the areas I mentioned. The other really cool part is that you can make a day of this because there will be an arts and crafts event going on at the same time and this place is HUGE! Tickets to get into the building will be $7 and the calendars are $10 from what I’ve been told, with proceeds going to the charity fund, but we are absolutely FREE to hang out with! The other really exciting thing for me is that I received a call the other day about an interview with “Soap Opera Weekly” and they wanted to feature me as the back full page of the “getting to know you” segment. This segment is just a huge list of quick questions that are fun and informative. When I found this out, I had to laugh since I didn’t think this would happen for quite a while so I did it myself on this Blog site. The people for “Weekly” apparently read it and wanted to dive deeper with the questions, so BE ON THE LOOK OUT at your nearest convenience store for the article and I will also let you know if I see it.

Before I complete this novel I’ve been writing, I wanted to thank all of you for not only the comments on this site but those of you who have also written letters to me addressed to the studio in NY or e-mails on the GL website. If you have asked for a signed picture/headshot, I am actually in the middle of getting some specifically made for sending out to you, but it will take a bit of time. Please bear with me and I’ll send them ASAP. This is all still very new and I wasn’t prepared for sending my pictures out, LOL!

Now, I have to laugh at all the comments I’ve been receiving on this site because some are really great and some are really funny. Regardless, I love them all and hope ya’ll keep asking them. The music choices you’ve asked about, my age (not sure I want to give that away yet but feel free to guess), whether or not I have a girlfriend, what it feels like to be an uncle, how I got started into acting, what it was like moving to the city, etc???? I’ve tried to answer each comment but for some reason I can’t seem to access sending a response but I WILL FIGURE IT OUT….it just might take a bit first ;P

I look forward to seeing those of you who can make it out this weekend, as well as hearing from you on the comments board here. All the best to you and yours in 2005 and let me know what’s happening in your life too. Who knows, you may have more in common with me than you think! Oh and before I forget, enjoy the twists and turns the upcoming Lizzie and Coop saga take ;p

7 Comments:

Blogger NanetteFabray said...

Hi there.....

From one blogger to another, Happy New Year. I have to admit that I don't watch the show that often, although I do sometimes have it on in the background while I'm working from home.

My blog is a bit...err...saucier than yours, but I hope you'll check it out. sexandmoxie.blogspot.com

Keep up the great blogging! Always interesting to hear what actors "real" lives are like as opposed to their "reel" lives.

Cheers,

Moxie

January 7, 2005 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger NanetteFabray said...

...oh, and one more thing.

Re: responding to comments. You might want to try using HaloScan to accept comments. That way your readers can leave you their e-mail addresses/website URL's AND you can track IP's in case you ever need to ban anyone. It's a great privacy feature and really easy to use and install. Actually, Halo Scan does it for you for free.

Check out my blog (sexandmoxie.blogspot.com) to see how the Halo Scan comments are set up. And if you want to use them just go to www.HaloScan.com. The whole service is free (I think you can pay $10 to get e-mail notifications when someone leaves you a comment.)

January 7, 2005 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

John,

Hey there! Happy New Year to you as well. I'm glad you had a good Christmas but was sorry to hear that you were sick again.

I loved the holiday episodes... they were great. I bet the kazoo scene was just as fun to tape as it was to see. Can't wait to see the up coming scenes with Coop and Lizzie. I cracked up at the reactions of Buzz and Alan when the date was announced. LOL You may see me again in New York at the gathering this year which I am looking forward to actually.

Hope you have a great day!

Take Care,

Shanna

January 7, 2005 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

For my husband and myself we are the biggest New Year beagles. We celebrated New Years at 11pm and were asleep by midnight. But it beats last year when we were both in bed at 9. At this rate I may never get to kiss him at midnight!

I say don't tell your age- don't say if you have a GF. It's a wicked form of "career suicide"- and do not admit to being married! Unless you are like John Travolta your likely to lose your female followers-- I.E. - Chad Michael Murray - guy gets engaged suddenly he's not so hot.

I'm sorry I dont get to watch the show that often so I'm totally outdated on everything- but I love to read blogs and since you sorta have 2 lifes in one blog it's fun to read. Plus I totally love the way the girls react to you. ( you gotta admit- it's entertaining)

One last note- perhaps you should think about using HELLO to post pictures to your blog. It's free and available of the blogger.com website. They also have this cool voice blog thing- but it could be a long distance call- I havent used it but I set up an account.

good luck and have fun!
Lara

January 7, 2005 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

Hey John,
I've seen a couple episodes and am so psyched for you! Not sure if you remember me from Mason, but I was in "Look Homeward, Angel" with you (old lady, Mrs. Clatt). I'm graduating in May, and currently diving into the industry, auditioning everywhere and looking at some grad programs, too. Wondered if you could give me some pointers. My e-mail is elisears@hotmail.com if you have a chance to respond. Best of luck in the new year! Elise

January 10, 2005 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Hey John! First off... i completely believe you shouldn't reveal personal information about yourself. it makes things more intriguing for those who are intrigued. Great time the 4th, although I wish you hadn't been so preoccupied. Maybe we could've had a conversation or two. I understand that girls get excited about meeting you; i just have a hard time being pushy. i'll have to work on it, though, if i want to spend time with you! ;)

Hit me up.
J.

p.s.- read the article in soap opera digest. sweet!

January 13, 2005 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey John! I'm baaaaack. LOL. I know you said you were holding it against me that I was behind, but you should know that I still read (and relished) every word. And I finally remembered my password so I could get on here and leave you a message.

I had a great time last Saturday. I always love a good road trip, and it doesn't get much easier than 3 hours on 29. Not much chance of getting lost. Anyway, my friend Andrea and I had a great time with you and Gavin. I'll have you know that I have offered to take her along to many a "celebrity appearance" and this is the first time she took me up on it. I told you, you're her favorite (with perhaps the small exception of Scott Holmes on ATWT...LOL!).

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing all your friends and family come by to see you. It was clear that they are all so proud of you and thrilled for your success. As well they should be. You're doing a great job!

Good choice for a travel buddy, too! Gavin was a lot of fun. I had met him before briefly, but Saturday really afforded the opportunity to chat and goof around a little. I think he was about thisclose to going for that snipe hunting trip. LOL! And watching his face while Andrea explained the mudd bogg and frog gigging...priceless!

I'll stop yammering on now. Just wanted to say "hey" as promised. Make sure Gavin emails me when he finds out about Julius Caesar. I'm rooting for him. Other than that, I am waiting with great anticipation for Vegas! I'm sure it'll be an absolute blast. I'm hoping to get over to the Grand Canyon while I'm on that side of the country. I understand it is just a few hours away? We'll see. But I'm looking forward to spending some time with you there. Viva Las Vegas!

A few notes for my fellow bloggers....
Samantha....I was in Pittsburgh too! Then again, so was half of PA! I wonder if we saw one another? If you were there at the beginning, I am the one Michael was talking about when he spotted me on the front row and he was kidding me about my driving and talking about his birthday-in-a-box that I sent.

and lynn....about the anti-climatic experience your son had on New Years, I am reminded of holding my eyes open for hours and hours one night as a kid to see what happened to the clock when it changed from PM to AM. Imagine THAT disappointment. The dot moved. WOOHOO. LOL!

Anyway, enough rambling for one day. Over and out!

Amanda
(Amanda@michaelparkfans.com)

January 14, 2005 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home