Friday, November 11, 2005

FORTUNATE SON

After an absence of just under two months I realized that although I have been extremely busy, I have kept everyone out of the loop of sharing in my fortunes and some of my misfortunes! Some of you may already know what these are and I am sure that many more of you will have no clue. What is more important though is that you have stayed with me and followed my adventures and have shown me so much love and support which is why I continue to post these entries. I hope that although this one will be brief you will enjoy it and will be eager to get to the next one just as if you were reading the “Harry Potter” series, LOL!

It’s about seven in the morning of Friday and I here at work getting ready to start the day’s events. What makes this Friday more exciting than the rest is that right after I finish taping, I will be heading to the airport to take part in a fun and charitable weekend out in Las Vegas! I know “Charitable” and “Las Vegas” really don’t belong in the same sentence but I trust it will be. I will be joining Gina Tongoni (Dinah) out there and we will be representing the GL cast…more to come after the weekend!

As far as a quick recap of the events that I will later get into more detail about, there was the King’s Dominion event down in Virginia that was an absolute BLAST! Many of you may have read about it and some of you may have experienced it and will know how amazing it was. There were so many more fans and friends there than we had originally expected, making the event a complete success and showing CBS that if they hold these events, the fans will come to them (my “Field Of Dreams” moment).

There was the St. Jude’s Event/ GL weekend that were both so much fun and this time around being my second year, I was much more prepared, LOL. How awesome were David Andrew McDonald (Edmund), Jerry Ver Dorn (Ross), and the surprise appearance of Grant Aleksander (Phillip)? Those three men are so incredible as individuals and unfortunately for us are also moving on to other opportunities. They are and will be sorely missed! I have to say to a good friend of mine before I forget “Candice, thanks for the Milk Duds…You ROCK!”

On a pretty amazing note, I have landed another acting job! LOL, don’t worry, I am not leaving the show or anything, because it’s actually filming right here in New York. The project is called “The Book of Daniel” and will start airing in January of 2006 on NBC. I landed a recurring role very unexpectedly and have enjoyed it immensely. After tuning into it, I hope you will too. I have to say that it’s a character that most people won’t expect me to be playing (or maybe they would, you decide). The show is lead by the amazing Aiden Quinn and will feature other familiar faces that are both Film recognizable as well as Daytime too i.e. MEEEEEEEE, LOL.

Speaking of recognizable people, I have to say that ever since our studio moved to the CBS building on the West Side of NY, there have been some famous people passing through here. “BET” (Black Entertainment Television) is located right across from our studio in the building and their guest rooms are located on the same floor as ours. allowing us to see who’s in and who’s coming. Well, as of this moment I have met Stevie Wonder, 50 Cent, and got an autograph from Mariah Carey. I also have a pretty funny story about Kim Zimmer (Reva) and Stevie Wonder which I will get to in my next entry. One of my MISfortunes that happened recently was the night out with Tom Pelphrey (Jonathan)…lets just say I wasn’t myself the next day, LOL. Nothing but love for ya Tommy and I’ll get ya the next time out!

Alright I hate to go, but I must since it’s time to earn my keep. I hope that everyone has been good if not great and I would love to hear some Halloween stories if you got’em. Also, what’s everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I hope to see a few responses soon and I’ll get another entry up when I return from Vegas. Thanks for the love and support and I am getting to all my fan mail so please keep it coming. If you haven’t received an autographed photo yet and have asked, you will soon.

21 Comments:

Blogger CandiceMack said...

OMG John..you wrote finally you wrote something! *faints* I am sooo happy for you about your new job..as far as the milk duds goes..aww you are so welcome and I wanted to thank you for all of my crazy moments lol.I hope to see you again soon.I am at work so I cant really type alot but I will post some more later.

November 11, 2005 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Cynn said...

oh yeah..can't wait for this new show of yours! haha..expect me to tape every episode. jk. glad things are going well and i'm even more glad that i got to see you recently. good times. and i swear we didn't put him up to it! haha. Man do i have halloween stories for you. you'll be jealous! hope you enjoy Vegas and remember whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! (yeah right). Talk to you soon. Oh yeah..and i want a signed picture!!!!

Cynth

November 11, 2005 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger CandiceMack said...

John...I do have some Halloween stories to share like me dressing up as Victim number 3 in the horror movie..I mean I had cuts and blood dripping I even scared one kid that was bad yet funny lol.As far as Thanksgiving goes...let's see I think I am going to like 5 different houses this year....no 6 I forgot( sad thing is I only want the sweet potato pies thats all) And I want a signed picture too! Actually ...

Candice's XMas list I would like:
1.Another John Driscoll hug cause those are the best hugs (next to my boyfriend's of course)

2.A Milk Dud Cake (hahaha )

3.Tivo cause of your new show and the fact I will be in school then too.

4.A rematch at bowling! Yes I said it I want a rematch..I think Tom might agree with me on that..cause John your team cheated lol

and finally

*smiles like Miss Teen USA*
5.I want Henry Cooper Bradshaw to be shirtless on the hoilday show lol sike jk...I really want world peace and if I cant have that or Oprah's money then I will go with Coop being shirtless lol

November 11, 2005 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Shanna said...

John,

hey there!!

OMGosh it was so good to see you again. It was great getting to talk to you for a while on Friday night at the bar, when I gave you some Milk duds as well. I have to say it was so much fun spending time with both you and Tom P. you guys are a blast.

John, I hope you recieved the snail mail I sent you via the studio and hope you liked them, they turned out really great.

Hope you have a great time in Vegas. I can't wait to see you in this new show of yours.

I have a small request: can you somehow figure a way to have a meet & greet in North Carolina? LOL

Talk to you soon,

Shanna

November 11, 2005 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger mallory0820 said...

Hey John!! Awesome entry! Very fun to read! I'm so excited for your new show!! I'll definitely tune it! Its great that you're able to balance GL and that at the same time - good for you!

Um...Halloween story?? Well - I went with a friend of mine and her family this year. I'm almost 16, so my mom was saying, "I think you're done trick-or-treating," so I was sort of sad. So on Halloween, my friend calls me at about 4:00 and asks if I want to go trick-or-treating with her, so I said yes, and I got to her house about 6:00 and borrowed a costume from her, and wore this really ugly, scary, zombie mask. So no one knew who I as for the whole night. LOL My friend lives over by my mom's aunt and uncle, so they are elderly. My aunt answers the door and looks at me with the mask on and says, "OH MY GOODNESS!" I took my mask off and said, "Hi, Aunt Joanne!" and she says, "Oh! Hi, honey!" It was so funny.
Have fun in Vegas!!

Much love,
Mal

November 11, 2005 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Robbin said...

Well it's about time you write to us!!! LOL. I'm sure you've been busy and I'm so happy to hear that you are going to be on a new show...YOU ROCK! Candice...I already have Tivo (hehehe) so I'll be recording EVERY episode. Shanna..please tell me these guys weren't in a bar in NC...that would just make me mad since I didn't know. King's Dominion was awesome. I got me a John Driscoll hug. Let me tell you how fabulous they are...they are like hot chocolate on a snowy winter day...very comforting and FUN!!!

John--I had no idea you and I went to the same school...GMU. I ended up transferring to Virginia Tech to graduate though. Are you still living in VA part time? I am in NC now but I am always in VA visiting my family. I will be there for Thanksgiving as usual. There's nothing like being with family during the holidays.

Will you be in VA for the holidays? If you are then maybe we can meet up somewhere for dinner or drinks or something. I promise I won't get you smashed like Tommy boy did...LOL!

Anyway, have fun in Vegas and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Robbin

November 11, 2005 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger CandiceMack said...

robbin,I like how you describe his hugs but you know what..I will tell you..okay its like a warm blanket covering you when you are cold or down and it cheers you right up..I cant explain it but for all of those who have been lucky to receive one..you know what Robbin and I are talking about.*Memo to Self:Try to get John to write about his hugs*.

November 12, 2005 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger jess said...

are you kidding me? oh, and i miss you. my bday is coming up and i think we might be in the city the 9th (it's a friday). you down? you better be. love you, janvier.

November 12, 2005 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger eskay447 said...

Can I get an autographed picture? It's probably the only way I'd get top see you, (air conditioners are still waiting)... Halloween - boring dinner on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico......

November 13, 2005 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Well, well, well…..look who finally decided to post again, LOL I was beginning to think you’d jumped ship and abandoned your blog. Congrats on your latest acting job! I’ll make sure to check it out. (Not that I need another show to watch…I’m already hooked on Lost, Desperate Housewives, and Ghost Whisperer.) I don’t have any Halloween stories to share with you. I spent my Halloween going to job interviews during the day then desperately trying to finish my homework that night for my classes. Although I DID score a job working at Barnes and Noble Booksellers, so at least my entire day can’t be considered a waste.

I do have a sort of funny story to share about the Guiding Light weekend back in October. My friend Emily just started watching the show in late October and since you haven’t been on very much in the past month, she didn’t recognize you in my pictures when I showed them to her a couple days ago. She knew who everybody else was but when she got to the picture of me with you, she thought you were just some guy I had met on the cruise so our conversation went something like this.

Emily: Hey, this guy’s pretty darn cute. You and Carlos aren’t officially together yet. Did you get this guy’s number?
Me: Nooooo.
Emily: Did you get his e-mail address?
Me: Nooo.
Emily: Did you find out anything about him?
Me: I do know his name and what city he lives in.
Emily: Really?
Me: Yep. He’s John Driscoll, he lives in New York, and he plays Coop on Guiding Light. He just hasn’t been on much lately.
Emily: (Who’s quiet for about ten seconds) Why did you just let me make a complete fool out of myself?
Me: Because it was so much fun to watch.

Speaking of not being on the show much, I really hope to see more of you and Crystal Hunt in the coming months. It seems like you’ve only been on a couple times in the past couple months. I think I’ve just about written a novel, so I’ll go and I look forward to reading about your past adventures and your weekend in Vegas. Take care!

Susan

November 13, 2005 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

John:

I just wanted to clarify from my other post that I don't think it's funny that you haven't been seen much. I thought it was funny that since my friend didn't know who you were, she was thinking, "possible hookup" before she found out you're an actor. I just wanted to make myself clear!

Susan

November 13, 2005 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger NaVell said...

hey John! I am happy for your new job, and hope it will be a great success. I will make sure to check it out.

Still loving the light, and you finally have a new open. It is great! I love the music and background visuals. (I messed w/ it a bit and used a diff. GL theme, but that is for my own fun. LOL)

Well, I hope everything is all well w/ you, and if I don't pop back in again soon, have a nice holiday!



Na'Vell

November 15, 2005 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger CoopLover90 said...

Where can I send a letter for an autographed photo since the studio moved???

November 17, 2005 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger MommyCeratops said...

Great to hear you post John! I can not wait to see the new show I will be watching.
I spent Halloween in the hospital getting ready for surgery so that was not fun. But my little boys were Pooh and Tigger so that was CUTE!
I am spending Thanksgiving with my family and I am looking forward to it.
I hope you had fun in Vegas...since I have been to Vegas I know you had fun!

November 19, 2005 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger PennSt8Jen said...

I had almost given up on you...j/k. Anyway...I was one of the thousands of fans at Kings Dominion back in September. My sister-in-law and I have been faithful GL fans since high school and we thought you were just too cute for words. We agreed that you'd be the perfect invite to a party to keep everyone entertained. :) Keep up the good work (on all your adventures), and we'll keep enjoying the fruits of your labor. Best wishes for a peaceful holiday season.
Jen from Baltimore

November 22, 2005 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger MamalvsJeepin'! said...

Hey John! I'm new to this Blogger thing but wanted to say hi and I love your work on GL! You're so cute!!! Have a great Turkey Day~

November 23, 2005 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger kay said...

Just wanted to say your great on GL, I love the soap,I've watched it for a long time and i'm now 21. I'm looking forward to seeing you on your new show. happy holidays
kay_b1803@yahoo.com

December 3, 2005 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger MommyCeratops said...

Hmmm just wondering if the next Harry Potter book will be out before John blogs again! (Just joking with you John)
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
((hugs))
Kim

December 7, 2005 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Samantha F said...

Hey John!
I just wanted to send you a little note to tell you that I am a fan of Coop! You are a great actor as well as a good looking man!!!
(Blushing)
Well anyways, the reason why I am writing you is, I wanted to know where I could find some pictures of you and your fellow classmates.. I know I know...You say, go to Guiding Light dot com, but you see I have been to those and I wanted to know if you in person would have a better URL for those items.
Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work you are doing!!!
Samantha F.

October 4, 2006 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Samantha F said...

Hey John!
I just wanted to send you a little note to tell you that I am a fan of Coop! You are a great actor as well as a good looking man!!!
(Blushing)
Well anyways, the reason why I am writing you is, I wanted to know where I could find some pictures of you and your fellow classmates.. I know I know...You say, go to Guiding Light dot com, but you see I have been to those and I wanted to know if you in person would have a better URL for those items.
Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work you are doing!!!
Samantha F.

October 4, 2006 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Samantha F said...

Hey John!
I just wanted to send you a little note to tell you that I am a fan of Coop! You are a great actor as well as a good looking man!!!
(Blushing)
Well anyways, the reason why I am writing you is, I wanted to know where I could find some pictures of you and your fellow classmates.. I know I know...You say, go to Guiding Light dot com, but you see I have been to those and I wanted to know if you in person would have a better URL for those items.
Thank you for your time, and keep up the great work you are doing!!!
Samantha F.

October 4, 2006 at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home