Wednesday, March 01, 2006

LA IS A GREAT BIG FREEWAY...

Howdy ya’ll, I’m back! I am sorry about the delay in posting another entry but this month was pretty all over the page for me. I was back and forth from Virginia to see my family, out in LA for work and pleasure, auditioning in a new capacity for my Agents (as in starting Voice Over work and Commercials), and work at the Light was/is picking up now with a great upcoming storyline. I guess I should say that things have been moving along very nicely for me and I’m just trying to enjoy the ride. The one constant I have to say is that I always make it a point to check out my Blog Site to see what everyone is talking about so thanks for the postings!

With all the jumping through hoops that I have been doing I found that this month in particular, it was very difficult to focus on one thing as well as to keep up a happy go lucky attitude. I would just get home from work and be completely wiped and not even want to go out to grab a drink or even a coffee. When I got home to Virginia, my body just collapsed and I got the FLU, although there is no other place to feel so secure when you are sick than with your family, right? To make matters worse though, I not so recently injured my knee from too much physical activity i.e. intense continual running and have been dealing with a painful throbbing sensation that started the weekend I got home. The upside to going home though was that I saw my parents along with my little niece and nephew who are both getting so BIG! I feel old just looking at them but I also feel a sense of protection towards them too. I still won’t do dirty diapers, I been lucky thus far and I see no reason to start now!

Los Angeles was a great deal of fun, I have to say. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I really had a wonderful time out there in the sun and away from the snow. Crystal Hunt (ex-Lizzie) is doing very well by the way, and so is little Roxy. I saw my agent while I was out there and she showed me around the LA area again, seeing as how I don’t spend much time out there and I feel so lost on each visit.

The people out there are so different; I guess that’s the first thing that stands out to me. It's a society that seems to revolve around the arts and entertainment where everyone wants to “see” and “be seen” at the hottest places around town. I am not meaning any disrespect towards LA at all but this is just an outsider’s observation, you know? Perhaps if I lived there things would be different to me and it would seem just a part of the normal routine. New York is just a different ball of wax than Los Angeles is to me.

“Ava sees things in Coop, his family, friends, interests and she takes them and lets him go with them.... Lizzie was too clingy and to self-centered to let him keep doting on his nephews or his family”-Bruce

Well, that seems to sum up most everyone's thoughts and feelings on the subject of Coop and Ava being paired together. What you have seen and will continue to see for the next couple of weeks is the continual spiral downward of the Coop and Lizzie relationship…all caused by her, I might add!

Honestly though, please let me know if I’m the bad guy here because I don’t think I am. Then again most guys never believe they are at fault anyway, LOL! I haven’t really had a chance to see how most of the scenes with Ava have been turning out recently but I hear that they have been pretty sweet. I have to smile a bit and feel sorry for Marcy Rylan (Lizzie) for starting a role that already establishes her as a bitch and in the midst of losing her boyfriend. It’s not easy folks, I’ll tell you that, but I do hope that you have been enjoying her performances. Oh, a quick little inside note before I sign off…the long awaited Coop/Jonathan contact will be filming shortly and airing end of March time frame so be on the lookout!

I hope all is well with all of you and your families and please continue to update me with the goings on in your lives too!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

Hey John,

Glad to see you back blogging again.

Sorry to hear that you were sick with the Flu while you were home. I hope you are feeling better now. Glad you also had some time to spend with your family as well as your niece & nephew.

I am finally getting used to Coop and Ava myself, I loved the Coop/ Lizzie relationship in the beginning but now watching Coop with Ava its easy to see that Ava understands Coop and they have more in common.

Okay I gotta say reading this made me so happy:

the long awaited Coop/Jonathan contact will be filming shortly and airing end of March time frame so be on the lookout!

Okay since I spent some time with both you & Tom at this past Fan Gathering I absolutely cannot wait to see the interaction between Coop & Jon. I've always hoped that these characters would interact with each other.

Can't wait to see it & the new storyline that's coming up.

Keep up the good work John!!

Take Care,

Shanna

March 1, 2006 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

John,

Glad to see you are feeling better and gotten back into the swing of things. I was very happy to see that you have updated your blog and it is great to hear from you.

Will you be recognizable in the voice overs? Did you ever do a Lowe's commercial awhile back? Or was it Home Depot? I can't remember but what made me think it was you was your eyes...they are unmistakenable...unless of course I was wrong about the commercial then I guess that aren't as recognizable as I thought :) LOL.

As much as I would hate for you to leave GL, I know there tons of good stuff out there that you could be doing, career wise. IBy the way I side with you on the LA thing. Though I have never lived in LA or NY...visited both, NY more than LA...They are both quite different cities and if I had to choose...NY would be the place for me....so much art and entertainment culture but in a different, but good way.

Oh and just to let you know, being a guy, it was Lizzie's fault...I tried being partial to the whole thing, but first she lied, then she lied, then she lied some more. And if that didn't make things bad there was the whole I'm kissing Quinn to get an apartment for me and Coop to spend time together...stuff. Don't get me wrong I like Lizzie and I think Crystal did an excellent job with her...but she was completely in the wrong. She should have been completely up front with Coop. I mean Coop was going as far as helping her budget and find a job. Damn Spauldings :) LOL

Anyway keep up the good work and always continue with your best!

Bruce PS by the way I did get to see the internet "Book of Daniel". It was great to see you in a role outside of Coop. It was good to see some versatility in your acting and getting a different perspective of you (as far as acting). Good Job.

March 1, 2006 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger TerryH said...

Hey John,
Nice to see you back on the blog. Sorry you got ill while you at home here. There's just stuff going around as they say. Hope you feel better.

I'll be interested to see you and Tom together on GL. I'm sure it will be great!

Take Care
Waving from Woodbridge.

Terry

March 1, 2006 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey John...

I am so behind in your blogs...it is pitiful. But I have been crazy busy lately...and probably will be for a while.

Before I forget, I will be counting the minutes until that Coop/Jonathan scene. What could be better than having you and Tom on my screen at once?

As to the Lizzie/Coop/Ava thing--I am not crazy about it, but it is more the way it has been written that irks me. There was such a loooong, sloooow buildup to Coop and Lizzie and then their happiness was kind of...blink and you missed it. And it always irritates me when there is a big production over two characters sleeping together (especially when in this case it was Lizzie's first) and then five minutes later they have split up. Maybe I should be glad because it certainly would show teenagers that the wise thing to do is NOT have sex with their boyfriend/girlfriend. But it won't be written that way, of course. Coop doesn't seem to care too much about it, and Lizzie must have forgotten. I just think that is sort of a cheat.

And then the Coop/Ava thing is so whirlwind. I would be more apt to believe them as a couple if Coop/Lizzie were resolved first, and then there was a slow build into Coop/Ava. I am also a little bummed because I really enjoyed the dynamic between Sandy and Ava and for a woman who stalked him across the globe because she wanted to remain his wife, she sure did drop him in a hurry!

Of course, everything that Lizzie has done sure has created a mess. But Coop COULD have forgiven her for lying about the apartment and Quinn. After all, when she finally told the truth about it she really told it all! How often does THAT happen? Maybe it is just because I am sympathetic towards Lizzie, but it seemed to me that Coop was happy for the excuse to distance himself from Lizzie.

Well, I bet you are sorry you asked for opinions! Regardless, I should go back and say that just because the storyline isn't my favorite, you, Michelle, and Marcy are all doing an excellent job. Crystal was awesome and I was so sad to see her go...but Marcy really stepped into the role effortlessly, which is rare indeed! Roxy, on the other hand...got three times bigger! HaHa!

March 6, 2006 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

Hi John,

Just a quickie here...I was just over at the CBS website and saw that the Soap Opera Awards nominees were announced. I am very very very surprised to see that you are not on that list. Yes, Tom is, but I really think you deserve to be there...just my opinion, and it's not just because I can post it here...I really feel it. I do see GL is listed in many of the categories so I will keep my fingers crossed for them :)

Best Wishes, Bruce

March 9, 2006 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger easweetpea said...

About your observance of L.A., being born and bred there I can say for sure that it's all true. That's part of the reason why I moved away from there. Growing up in the ghetto area I didnt get into that scene too much but when I started working at the Burbank mall that was definitely how to discribe a lot of people there. It was all about appearance and what connections they had. And let me tell you, as a manager trying to hire somebody who could work full time on a regular schedule was really tough because all the applicants where wanting to be actors or something of the like. One of my employees was a script writer who wrote most of his stuff while at work. The one time I went with him to a party he asked me to lie about what I did for a living. I chose to tell a somewhat truth that I was a photographer...which I was at the time but just a student. The party was in north hollywood and it was a lot of pretty people in small groups mingling. It was very uncomfortable for me and thankfully his roommate was with us and we sat on lounge chairs drinking our free appletinis(which was the only good thing about it) I might be an "artist" but the environment was still a little suffocating for me. It's like you had to be a certain way to be accepted. The only club I ever frequented was Clockwork Orange in hollywood which had electronic, goth, 80's and contemporary music. It was very laid back and you could dress however you wanted.I dont miss the city that much except for my friends and sister. Also the food...I MISS THE FOOD. Being part Filipino, I'm not used to a place without out a Chinatown. It's very hard to find other Asian food here in San Antonio other than Chinese and some Thai restaurants. Plus I miss In & Out burgers and Zanku Chicken. If you go back may I suggest Zanku...and if you like garlic...try it with their garlic butter. Oh god just thinking about it makes me hungry. IF you go to the one in Glendale there is also the Baklava Factory next door...YUM! The music choice is also something I miss. I miss Backstreet and Eastside Records. I was able to find a lot of weird music there. I have a lot more cool places I hung out at so if you ever want to know the best places to eat or shop let me know.:-)

September 12, 2007 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Hi, Let me interduce myself to u, my mom who passed away in June of this yr 2007, started listening to your show on the radio, she was 91 1/2 an 2 days when she passed,

I just turned 50 in sep an have be a fan of the show since i can remember

Now u are a younger person on the show, but i live in newport news, VA, now for like the last 20 yrs, was orginally from St.Paul, MN; both of us watched the show avidly

I miss Roger Thrope, Holly an some of the older ones but u have done an awesome job being Buss's son, I so loved u carachter's ma she was so awesme when she was on the show

You with Ashlee i think is such a great match, for once they are showing that weight don't make a love relationship! I have a bit of weight on me an I so get how Ashlee feels, its like we never get the georgous guy!

Now on a nother note, when my husband got hurt in 2004 we had a learning phical therapist that said she knew u an was in your co-ed dorm she spoke very highly of u an it was so cool u had just started on the GL an to know someone here in VA that accually had met u that was cool

Now i do watch, Young & Resless, B&B an As the World Turns,

I have never left my CBS soaps U guys an gals r the reason soaps still exist

Would love if u could respond dnot have to but my ma thought u all were the best! an so do i!

Hated when Ross had to die, an Diana (Jenia) cant spell sorry portrays her diamicly

Miss the Johnathon an Tammy story line too

anyway hope u all continue the lite

that is the most awesome thing that an show let alone a soap has done, I so was up set cause i missed Frank with his mohawk, my husband heared about it thru our radio station WNOR 98.7

sometimes i do wish that soaps did reruns now an again,

Am so sorry on the long windedness

BUT HERE IS AN OLD BUT STILL FAITHFUL FAN SAYING U ALL ROCK

I love u guys & gals keep up the good work

deb wheeler

October 4, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home